At our weekly meeting this Thursday (09/17), the RIT branch of the ISO will be taking up these questions and more:
- What even is SYRIZA and why should we care?
- How did they even win in the first place?
- What happened since then? People are talking about "betrayal"(!)
- As US-based socialists, what lessons can we learn from the events?
- What's next for the Left in Greece and abroad?
For background on the whole situation (written before SYRIZA won in February):
For the latest updates:
- August: http://socialistworker.org/2015/08/25/the-left-challenge-to-tsipras-surrender
- July: https://redflag.org.au/article/turning-resignation-resistance-greece
The branch meeting is at the regular time and place:
- Thursday, 09/17 at 7:00pm in room 1010 of the Campus Center, RIT.